Internationally known as "Surf City", Huntington Beach boasts eight miles of scenic, accessible beachfront, the largest stretch of uninterrupted beachfront on the West Coast.
The dynamic coastal City of Huntington Beach, with its sunny Mediterranean climate and idyllic setting, is home to more than 202,250 residents.
Huntington City Beach is a 3.5-mile stretch of pristine shoreline. Popularly known as "Surf City," Huntington Beach is home to the world famous municipal pier, and is a west coast surf mecca for more than 8 million annual visitors. Whether enjoying an evening at one of our fire pits or enjoying a day at a professional sporting event such as the U.S. Open of Surfing, "Surf City" offers a variety of exceptional, recreational, cultural, and entertainment opportunities.
Our parks and recreation features one of the largest recreational piers in the world, public parks, riding stables and equestrian trails, a marina, and a wildlife preserve, and an eight-mile biking, inline skating, jogging, and walking trail along the ocean. The crown jewel of the recreation system is the wide expanse of beautiful and spacious beaches, where large crowds gather to watch professional sporting events as the U.S. Open of Surfing, AVP Pro Beach Volleyball and the Surf City USA Marathon.
These events occur throughout the year or occassionally:
- US Open of Pro Surfing (Philips Fusion,G-Shock, Bud Light, Op Pro)
- X-Games and The Core Tour
- AVP Pro Beach Volleyball
- PSA, NASSA, CSA and other surfing contests
- 4th of July beach fireworks and parade, Duck-A-Thon, Polar Plunge
- Shoreline Marathon, Distance Derby and other athletic competitions
- Paint Ball, wrestling, BMX, fishing and kite championships
- Hyatt Resort and Waterfront Hilton beach events
- Concerts, Pier Plaza events and Farmer's Market
- Annual Pier Swim, Rough Water Swim
- TV, movie and commercial film shoots
Come join in the fun!
The city is located 40 miles south of Los Angeles and provides easy access to Long Beach and all of Orange county.
Browse local RV Parks & Campgrounds.