Seven exhibit galleries are centers of natural phenomena where "hands-on," "do touch" interactive exhibits provide a unique self-guided learning experience for all ages.
- Motion Mania - Featuring more than 30 hands-on exhibits, the new Motion Mania exhibition at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center encourages children and adults to explore many kinds of motion, from those that underlie the solar system (circular motion), to pendular motions, fluid motion and motion illusions.
- Giant Worlds - Visitors will explore the extraordinary giant planets orbiting our Sun and learn what they tell us about the formation of solar systems, Earth, and the conditions necessary for life. Learn about the formation of our Solar System and the role that gravity plays in how planets, asteroids, and comets behave. This exhibition also presents the beauty and mystery of the giant planets and describes how they behave (atmosphere, weather, seasons, magnetic environment, and auroras). Through this exhibition you will learn more about these amazing worlds.
- SoWatt! - Energy is all around us! Did you know there are many ways to convert energy into electricity that is used for everything from lighting our homes to powering computers and appliances? Explore some of the ways we generate electricity as well as learn more about the unique way that the Fleet Science Center is on the cutting edge of electric production. Produced by the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, this "illuminating" exhibition allows you to be a solar engineer as well as learn about conservation efforts you can try at home!
- Aging, for all ages - reated by the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center staff, AGING FOR ALL AGES is a 1,200 square-foot exhibition designed for . . . well, all ages! Families, adults and school groups will learn about wellness and healthy lifestyle choices through fun and engaging interactive exhibits. A video "starring" San Diego's senior adults will highlight growing up and life in our community.
- Look! Touch! Listen! Spin a disk on its side and watch it do the unexpected. Reach through a twisting tornado. Eavesdrop on friends. Located throughout the entire Science Center are fun interactive science exhibits that will test your knowledge, engage your senses and maybe surprise you with what you discover about the world around you. Our hands-on exhibits are design for all ages and cover a wide variety of science phenomenon from perception and astronomy to electricity and technology. With over 80 permanent exhibits for you to explore (and more coming all the time) you’re sure to discover something new you didn’t know!
- Try Science - Up to six people can embark on an individualized journey by playing games, exploring science and learning more about such topics as dinosaurs and outer space exploration. Located in the exhibit galleries’ Virtual Zone, TryScience! is now open.
- Origins in Space - This photographic exhibition, created by the Fleet Science Center, looks at the scientific accomplishments and technological spin-offs that have resulted from NASA missions. Explore how scientific discoveries have entered our everyday lives. This exhibition features the latest images from the Hubble Space Telescope downloaded daily via the internet from NASA and presented on a large plasma screen.
- Gallery of Illustrations & Perceptions - his permanent exhibition will leave you wondering if you can believe what you see (and feel!). Designed to explore how your sense of sight and touch work, this exhibition challenges you discover how your mind and body can sometimes work together and sometimes work against each other as you observe the world around you.
- Kid City - From conveyer belts and cranes to air chutes and grocery stores, young visitors, infants through age five, will work, create, play, and learn as they experience the wonders of the every day working world within this exhibit. Throughout the exhibition, tips and strategies are offered on parent-child interaction to encourage children's learning.
- San Diego's Water: From Source to Tap - n exhibit on water distribution and conservation in San Diego County. Interactive elements include an opportunity for visitors to view the sources of San Diego's water, and the methods of delivering and processing this vital resource.
- and more!!
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
1875 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101